About the Youth Empowerment Book and Family Empowerment Game
Relevant Student-Centered Enrichment with Research-Based Activities for Results-Based Outcomes
Discover what motivates youth to achieve and succeed. Engage America’s youth in self-awareness; equip youth with 21st-century self-efficacy Life Skill Assets™ and empower youth with intrinsic motivation and a growth mindset they need to realize their BIG dreams in life.
Positive, Purposeful, Play to:
- Give Youth Voice and Choice in Their Lives
- Spark Aha! Moments, Discover Passion and Dream BIG Dreams early in life
- Connect Families for Student Achievement and Success and Realize Dreams In Teams™
- Gain insight into the hearts and minds of America’s youth
The keepsake book is really a self-discovery action journal. It’s based on our national award-winning discovery game that gives youth a voice and choice in their lives for social and emotional learning (SEL). It also empowers youth and families through interactive, hands-on, positive, purposeful play.
Tangible communication tools for:
- School Administrators create a positive school culture that increases test scores for school improvement, connects family to student learning and provides insight to empower school transitions.
- Teachers gain powerful insight on how to personalize learning and create deeper connections with their students as they express their thoughts and feeling about their lives and future.
- School Counselors use the student-centered reflective activities to help students work through challenging life issues. Counselor help students discover and conceptualize their goals empowering Student Success Plans.
- Parents gain a greater understanding into the passions, interests, and dreams of their students, allowing them to understand what motivates them to succeed.
Research-Based Activities with Results-Based Outcomes
The book and game supports the American School Counselors (ASCA) Mindsets and Behaviors and applies growth mindset research and principles from the highly regarded Carol Dweck, PhD. from Stanford University. The outcomes “Spark Aha! Moments”, discover passions, and inspire students of all ages – Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, High School and even in College students – to dream BIG dreams and create their personal life action plans early in life.
Two years after earning The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval in 2011, Realizing Dreams founder Jim Cantoni transformed his family-empowerment game called Teamwork and FamilyPlay into the research-based action journal called 7 Steps for EMPOWERING YOUTH: Self-Awareness Developing GRIT and a Growth Mindset.
“Game may not be the best term for Teamwork and Family play as what it really did was get families talking and sharing like never before. Families reported learning interesting things about one another that they never knew before. Let’s face it teens and pre-teens aren’t always the most open when it comes to conversations with their parents. These cards found a way to bridge the divide and get real conversations started.”
– The National Parenting Center, 2011
What is the difference?
- Read. Talk. Play. The discovery game starts sparking AHA! Moments by opening dialogue and getting meaningful conversations started about students, interests, hopes and dreams in life.
- Reflect. Discover. Plan. The self-discovery book scaffolds the learning and takes it to the next level where students now reflect on and learn how to create action plans for the future.
Sparking Aha! Moments, Discovering Passion, Dreaming BIG Dreams
In Teamwork and FamilyPlay the discovery game, kids and families play oversize card games, read and talk about The BIG Questions in their lives. Children talk about and share their interests, hopes and dreams.
7 Steps for EMPOWERING YOUTH builds on the self-discovery learning and fun in the game engages kids to now reflect on and give their “MBA” – My BIG Answer” to the same “BIG Questions” in their keepsake action journal. 52 natural calls to action inspire youth to dream BIG dreams. Equipping youth with an internal “GPS” and guiding them step-by-step to make a declaration to achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Impact and Outcomes – Realize Dreams In Teams™
Youth feel really empowered when they learn how to identify, set and achieve their GETTING SMARTR™ goals and now clearly see their paths to successful futures. The tangible tools provide a simple and powerful way to open communication and create better connections for social and emotional health and well-being. Youth and adults do this as they learn more about themselves and each other’s interests, hopes and dreams.
7 Steps for EMPOWERING YOUTH and Teamwork and FamilyPlay is all about Realize Dreams In Teams™, and putting everyone – kids, parents, teachers, mentors, counselors on the same page. That is what Realizing Dreams founder Jim Cantoni calls “Inspiring Potential, Synchronizing Generations and Transforming Lives.
Teachers, counselors and caring adults gain insight into the students’ interests, hopes, fears and worries. They do this as our young people build confidence by creating life action plans with our GETTING SMARTR™ goal-setting clearly showing how students will realize their big dreams in life. The outcomes can even empower school transitions by putting everybody on the same page.