If your kids feel lost, not happy, not confident and excited for the future, let’s collaborate and do our best to change that! 7 Steps for Empowering Youth: Self-Awareness Developing Grit and a Growth Mindset by Jim Cantoni is a reflective and keepsake take-action journal with quick one and two page self-discovery activities that help school age kids, including tweens, teens, and college students express themselves. It’s all about opening parent and child communication about the child’s interests, strengths, hopes, worries, fears and fears that may be holding them back from reaching their potential. Step-by-Step, Jim will help you create plans that can include overcoming any worries or fears, identifying Top 5 strengths, and creating a personal “GPS”, Game Plan for a Successful future. It’s ALL about you helping your child discover and take-action to realize whatever dreams that may be hidden in your chilrens hearts and on our young people’s minds. Thousands of students ages 5 to 24+, as well as adults report they are “happy, proud, confident, empowered, and excited for their future.” Compact in size (6.5″w x 5″h), 176 pages with full color illustrations. All ages tell us they now have something positive and fun to look forward to and especially love reflecting on and journaling about the 104 inspirational quotes and answering “52 of The BIG Questions” in their lives.
You can also “DIY”…Do It Yourself, It’s really self-explanatory! You control the amount of time. Enrichment activities range from 2 minutes to 90 minutes
Step 1: Ask students to open the inside front cover and complete their Dream Tag™. If you want powerful interaction, ask students to “Turn-and-Talk” and share their favorite subject and dreams in life.
Next, tell students to go to Page 1, CONGRATULATE them as they already completed Step 1! Now, invite students to just climb the 7 Steps! You will see that Page 1 is a two page spread that looks like the front and back covers.
Tips for Educators and Caring Adults to gain insight what motivates students to reach their potential:
- Assist any early readers – we even have Pre-k 4 years olds learning and writing about Trust and Teamwork by just looking at the illustrations
- See and reflect on what students are writing about and wrap-around your supports based on our young peoples:
- Self-created plans to overcome their fears and worries in life
- Personalize learning based on the action plans your students created
Want to measure their progress and even have students self-assess and learn how to collect data and tally the results? Ask about our Pre and Post Progress Self-Assessment and Measurement Surveys.
For Step 7, students are invited to join in Realizing Dreams MISSION:USA 2020. Our big hairy audacious goal is by 2020, engage, equip and empower 90% of America’s youth with self-awareness, GRIT and a growth mindset to reach their full potential. We invite you to join in too!
You can use 7 Steps for EMPOWERING YOUTH to:
- Personalize Learning and Empower School Transitions elementary 5th to 6th grade, middle school 8th to 9th grade and high school to college
- Student-Led Activities for Peer Advisory and Youth Leadership
- After School and Extended Learning Time Programs with relevant student-centered enrichment activities
- Health Class and Language Arts Social and Emotional Learning and Enrichment Programming
- Guidance and School Counselor Planning Sessions
- Improve understanding, communication and relationships in guidance, mentoring and career counseling.
- Quickly and more easily getting the conversation started with students about their futures
- Youth Service Bureaus for Juvenile Justice, Truancy, Prevention and Positive Youth Development Programs
- Summer Camp, Staff Training and CIT’s and Counselor Team Building and Leadership Development Activities
- Gifted Students Enrichment and Leadership Development Programming
- Supporting Family Engagement and Parent Involvement in your School-Family-Community Partnerships including your PTA / PTA Family Reading and Fun Nights so that every students succeeds
- Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day and give students a powerful keepsake action journal to take home and remember your company as the place that sparked the AHA! Moments where they discovered their passion, dreamed BIG dreams and created their life action plan to realize their BIG dreams
- Increase freshman retention and success by discovering what motivates high school and college students, especially incoming freshmen and students who may need help in finding direction in life
- Staff Professional Development – Developing a Growth Mindset with professional development that transfers right on to the students. Since 2013, in training thousands of students and staff, we have found that when completing 7 Steps for EMPOWERING YOUTH: Self-Awareness Developing GRIT and a Growth Mindset with students and staff side-by-side, educators like the self-explanatory activities and students expressing and writing their thoughts and feelings about their future. The outcome also inspires, changes and develops a growth mindset in teachers, counselors, mentors and caring adults.
We all want data to measure the impact and results. Do you need help in putting together enrichment programing to make it easier to complete your state mandated Student Success Plans? Contact us or give us a call at 860.657.0770. Just let us know, “What is your Dream for Student Success?”.
7 Steps for EMPOWERING YOUTH: Self-Awareness Developing GRIT and a Growth Mindset is a research and results-based action journal and practical tool with strategies and effective supports for national standards and programs including:
- School Districts Student Success Plans
- The Every Student Succeeds Act
- Whole Child
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Association of School Counselors (ASCA) Mindsets and Behaviors and ASCA RAMP
- Career, College Readiness and Military Service
- College Prep
- Family Engagement and Parental Involvement
- Promise Neighborhoods
- Closing the Achievement Gap
- Peer Advisory
- Youth Leadership
- Positive Youth Development Programs
- Youth Service Bureaus Enrichment
- Summer Camp Staff, Counselors and Counselors In Training (CIT’s) Leadership Development
Have questions on how it aligns to National Standards? Contact us or give us a call at 860-657-0770.
- “We all want to put our young people on a path to successful futures.” Jim Cantoni, Author and Founder of Realizing Dreams
- “I learned what I want to do. It helped me plan for my future.”~ Tara, Age 14
- “I know more that will help me in the future that I wish I knew before.”~ Sarah, Age 14
- “It taught me about myself and how to plan how to be more successful in life.”~Nathan, Age 15
- “It helps kids realize their self-worth and puts them on a path to successful futures.”~ Cara, School Business Partnership Coordinator
- “Helped me be more confident in my future.” ~ TJ, teenager
- “I liked it because it made me feel like I have something more to do to succeed in life – like I need to keep pushing forward no matter what.” ~ Ullyses, teenager
- “This will make me never give up.” ~ Andrew, eight years old
- “In his 7 Steps for Empowering Youth, Jim Cantoni gives you practical and easy ways to engage in some of the most important self-discovery conversations you’ll ever have – those with your children that create learning.” ~ Dr. Joni Samples, Retired School Superintendent
The Therory of Our Purpose in Life – IPO to the Second Power by Jim Cantoni, Author of 7 Steps for EMPOWERING YOUTH:Self-Awareness Developing GRIT and a Growth Mindset and Founder of Realizing Dreams.us